Monday, August 27, 2012

Sail Away Birthday Decorations

The treat boxes had crayons, watercolors and a kazoo

sand buckets were filled with Swedish fish, Goldfish, and Clementines

balloon pit and newspaper hats


dollar section target boxes and stickers to customize

watercolor station 


Day 2 party the table was set a little different 

W high chair day 2 ready for some cake 

handmade banner made with burlap and hand painted 



So as I was going through all the images of this weekend. Trust me there are a ton! I couldn't pick just a few of  the entire event for just one post without completely bombarding you with pictures. I decided to break it up into two post. One of the decorations and the party plan and the second post about the actual parties.
First off I decided to split the party into two days. The first was 100% kid focused with only two little guests invited for a total of four kids(and parents of course). It was only scheduled an hour long and early in the day before the kids afternoon nap. As I have mentioned before I like to keep the guest list small for young parties as I like to be able to do a little extra and have a little more focused play time.
The original plan was to have a water play party since it was nautical themed but the morning ended up being a bit chilly so I decided to do a balloon pool pit instead. I also got the idea from my MIL to set up a watercolor station. I served a light snack of goldfish crackers, sliced apples and peanut butter and clementines. It was a total success as all the kids loved both activities and  also enjoyed running around in the backyard chasing each other.
The second party was the family party. Although we had the same activities set up for the little ones this party was more focused on all  the adults getting together and passing W around and swooning over him (both set of grandparents were here, there was a LOT of swooning) we BBQ'd and actually cut a cake and sang happy birthday at this one.  W was so thrilled to have so much attention and as a parent I think there is little that can make you happier then seeing how much your little ones are loved by so many. Such a blessing to see so many people travel so far to celebrate with us.

I am sharing this on : Two in Diapers Mommy Brain Mixer , True Aim Mom's Library Link Up and Crayonfreckles Tip Toe thru Tuesday 

6 comments:

  1. That is adorable!! We did a nautical party for my son's 1st, but it definitely wasn't this cute! So glad you linked up to the Mixer, friend. I hope to see you again on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will be sure to! Enjoying all the other links as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. darling activity! love the idea of using the pail and shovels to dole out food! thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable idea for the party. Love the overturned buckets. Never thought of customizing the target boxes with stickers. Clever! Just pinned this to my party board. Vicky from www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is a lucky boy to have a Mom that will take the time to do all these wonderful little details. Like those little newspaper hats! You will have to do a tutorial because I love those. Using the buckets and shovels to serve snacks is super cute too! Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I put the grandparents to work on those newspaper hats! Maybe they will be kind enough to do a guest post on how to make them :)

      Delete