Sunday, July 27, 2014
Back when I lived in California I lived about an hour away from the beach. I wasn't much of a beach goer and being that I NEVER thought I was moving out of California it was always nice to know that I always had the option just in case. After a year of living in a non coastal state and the Oregon Coast although beautiful just doesn't scream summer (it was always freezing when we went) it was time to take the boys to a real beach. The kind you don't have to wear a sweater or beanie to play in.
The whole family including my parents spent a morning at Bolsa Chica. Bear was instantly drawn to the water. Wolf had one big wave hit him a little to high for his liking and that was enough for him. He spent the rest of the time playing in the sand and looking for shells all while Baby Hawk sat with my mom on a blanket and dug his toes on the sand.
I don't think I will ever be a true beach bum even if we moved to a coastal state again but I was far more appreciative of our time spent there and hope to have the opportunity to go back again and make more memories. It was great to see the boys spent time with my parents, playing and being silly. Thank you mom and papa for taking such good care of us on our trip. I already can't wait to go back.
Friday, July 25, 2014
Baby Hawk turned one at the beginning of the month. Life has been so busy I haven't had a chance to post much. We kept his birthday low key and made home a pancake "cake" for breakfast. He seemed to enjoy it just the same. I was really stuck on what to get him being that we really have no need for more toys so I decided a set of hand painted peg dolls were just the ticket.
It is hard to believe it's been a year since we had just moved to a new state (again) didn't even have a midwife set up. I thought we had at least another month before baby came. God had other plans. I have yet to write down my entire birth story. Honestly I don't think my heart is ready yet. But today is not about heartache about a plan gone off its course. It is about God's plan being always right, about getting to hold this little blessing each and everyday. Kissing and comforting him, being blessed by being his mother. The birth story I tell may not be the exact one I wished for but the gift that was given through that birth is one I thank the Lord for. This silly haired little boy is just incredible.
So what's he up to these days?
1. He can say mama and papa and will grunt in our direction of he wants something.
2. He is taking more and more steps alone each day.
3. He is starting to follow his brothers around and try to play with them
4. He climbs on papa and will pretend wrestles.
5. He LOVES music and will dance to anything that has any kind of melody.
6. He is my koala baby, he's content most of the time if I just wear him the in Ergo on my back.
Happy Birthday Baby Hawk.
Saturday, July 5, 2014
I am a little behind on writing a birthday post for this very handsome four year old. This year he decided to challenge my love of party themes and requested a praying mantis party. I repeat praying mantis not a plain ol' bug party. "Sure buddy let me swing my the nearest party store and pick that right up for you." Luckily I have a friend that makes custom t shirts and I was able to get this tshirt made for him along with some other fun stuff for his actual party that will be later this week. This little guy, I really don't know what to say besides that I love him and feel so lucky to be his mama. But to sum up a little bit of his personality at this age here goes. My top ten things I love about 4 year old Bear
1. He is logical, there is no grey in his book only black or white.Choose your words wisely, they may come back to bite you
2. He doesn't like try new things if he feels he won't be good at them (ie drawing) Our words go such a long way with him and his confidence. Not just praise at the end of something but assuring him that we are here and he doesn't always need to be the best, he just has to try. Teaching him that the process is sometimes worth it
3. The look of joy on his face when he actually accomplishes what he was reluctant to do. That just makes my mama heart burst
4. His weird sense of humor, sometimes typical boys stuff like the word poop but sometimes so much more that that.
5. Leave it to my kid to have an imaginary friend who has been knighted... his name is SIR ROBERT for goodness sake.
6. The fact that Sir Robert is the one that argues about everything with me. Smart kid he can't get in trouble if he's just the middle man.
7. Speaking of Sir Robert, one time he was acting so naughty and rude that I opened the door and told him to go home and back to his mama until he was ready to apologize to me about his behavior. Hours later Bear informed me that Sir Robert was indeed ready to apologize and spent two whole days giving me compliments after that.
8. We don't eat fast food often, honest! But if you ask him what his favorite food is he will either say McDonald's or Red Robin. Doesn't he know that the correct answer is quinoa and kale. I would score major mom points from strangers. HA!
9. every day he asks me for a sip of coffee, everyday I say no. He's waiting for me to crack.
10. when I asked him what he wanted to be when he grows up he said "I want to cook, and play soccer, and play games on the computer... mama I really like a lot of things, I want to be everything" With a lump in my throat and a huge smile I told him that was the best answer a four year old could give.
This little boy so full of curiosity and love for his family. It's been an amazing four years watching him grow and unlike the saying "I can't wait to see him grow up" I honestly CAN wait and cherish the moments and milestones as they come.