Saturday, August 11, 2012

Mud pool




dumping out all the water


What kid doesn't like getting dirty? Although I know there are some that don't, most do.  B is no exception. Like most kids it is usually in the most inopportune times, like when we are about to leave and I am putting W in the car and B starts playing with dirt in our front yard in his nice clothes. It drives me a little crazy.

My MIL and I were talking today about letting kids be kids/ letting boys be boys. I don't want my kids to ever think getting dirty or exploring nature is wrong, but there are better times to do so. With that in mind I decided to make this little boys day and let him get dirty! 

I set up up his inflatable pool, threw in some dirt and a bucket of water and let him go to town! I also gave him some funnels, shovels and a dump truck for good measure. He enjoyed his piggy behavior for  most of the afternoon although W wanted nothing to do with it and enjoyed spending  time indoors with Papi. I had a great time watching him splash and play. He kept on looking at me as to see if this was okay or if I was going to stop him. Not today little man, today we get dirty. 


This post is part of the Two in Diapers Mommy Brain Mixer

5 comments:

  1. Wow what a fun Mom you are and brave! Sometimes it's hard for me to let go and let Chloe get dirty, it's something I am working on though because I want her to have fun and explore the world around her!

    Looks like you son loved his mud pool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! Nothing entertains kids like dirt and mud! :) I'd love for you to come link up this post at the Mommy-Brain Mixer, which is happening right now! TONS of moms to meet and stories to read. :) http://two-in-diapers.blogspot.com/2012/08/mommy-brain-mixer-4.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm SO glad you linked up! I'd love to see you again for tomorrow's Mixer! :):) It goes live tonight at midnight!

      Delete
  3. This is a great idea! I'd probably cringe a little at the mud, but I bet my daughter would love it! What kid wouldn't?

    ReplyDelete