Friday, August 31, 2012

Music Time *Kids co-op*

cute and peculiar








The Boys Favorite Album I've had it since B was born 

For Wolf's birthday I was pretty stumped as to what to get him. We have some amazing family member that are always very generous to our boys so we really don't NEED anything. Still I am a firm believer that birthdays are a big deal and he still had to get a present. Husband and I took a while to decide on something and finally we decided on instruments. We didn't own any and when I though about it I realized we don't ever do any music play. 
We listen to music often but I have never really made it a planned activity besides my occasional morning time songs that I learned at the preschool.  This avoidance probably comes from my complete lack of musical abilities. Both my brothers are very musical but not me.... it's bad.
So the last couple of afternoons I have really stretched my comfort zone and had music time with the boys. Yesterday it was just us being silly exploring the instruments and me attempting to sing songs to the best of my ability... Guess what, Wolf loved it! He didn't care that I couldn't carry a tune. He shook his shakers, beat his drum and danced along the entire time. Bear was not quite as engaged but came around from time to time to dance and bang on something. 
Today I tried again this time with music in the background and it was a hit for both of them. Bear danced his little heart out and Wolf banged his drum and wood blocks. 
How do you incorporate music with your little ones? I would love to hear some of your ideas. 
The Weekly Kid's Co-op

No comments:

Post a Comment