Thursday, August 9, 2012

My Little Helper


Recently B has become quite the little helper in the house. He loves to sweep (mainly push the broom in the direction of his brother) he has attempted to help vacuum a few times and is always eager to help me put away the dishes, although that one is a little scary I have to admit.

It really got me to thinking just how much these little ones are taking in and mimicking their everyday life.  Sure I think that mimicking my cleaning is cute and a good lesson for him but what else I am I teaching him by my everyday behavior? Am I setting  a good example of what it is like to be kind, and caring towards others, to love God and and make Him part of your everyday life and have a relationship with Him?  Well I have to admit, not always.

I sometimes have little patience with people and can sometimes be critical (ouch, I hate admitting this) and as far as my relationship with God although it's there I can't say I set an example to seek Him first in all I do. This is a great reminder of what I need to shift in my life to make these things come more effortlessly to me in order to easily show my boys what to "mimic" in  their lives.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Found you on MBC and followed; tickled to see that you're also a mom of twins! My boy/girl twins (who have three older brothers) will be 2 in September. I've also noticed the copied behavior thing, and you are so right about them picking up so much more than we realize. Great post and I look forward to getting to know you! You can find me at http://displayhissplendor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA, okay well I've seen and read enough now to realize that my first impression was mistaken and that your boys are not twins. ;) My middle two boys are 14 months apart, and we were asked all the time if they were twins - and they were quite a lot different than yours are!

    Anyway. Sorry for the mistake and I'll still look forward to reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Yes they are 14 month apart too and no need to apologize my oldest is on the smaller end of the scale and his brother is catching up quickly. The only thing that gives away the age difference in person is the walking vs. crawling. I suspect that the minute my second start walking most will just assume they are twins. I will be sure to check back on your blog as well.

      Delete