Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Technicolored dream tights


A simple and quick makeup routine.These are a few of my staples.

Being a mom is a tough job. It will suck the life out of you if you let it. Now let me confess something right here and now. I strive for perfection when it comes to my parenting. I constantly obsess about what I am not doing, what I should be doing, and what I am doing wrong all the time. This insecurity has seeped so much into my brain that I was really letting it affect every part of my life. I was putting myself constantly on the back burner in order to "try" to excel at parenting these babies. 
Well ladies, I suspect most of you mothers have already done this and found out. It's impossible!!!! There is no way to be able to give so much of yourself daily without filling up your glass a little too, I can't do it all and attempting to do it was leaving things in a worse state.
Above that I was feeling guilty  (don't get me started about mom guilt I think it's a sickness) about not having fun doing my dream job. Being a stay at home mom was something I always wanted to do and now that I had it I was resenting it. Now what?
I took a step back and realized that I was missing the me before babies. The me that would do her hair and makeup everyday and wear pants that didn't have elastic. Since Wolf was born you could pretty much find me in a pair of sweats and my hair pilled high and no makeup. Now if you know me personally that is certainly not me. As silly as this sounds it was really affecting my everyday life. I prayed about it for a long time struggling about how I couldn't possibly find the time to do this daily and still meet "all" the boys needs. And I realized that I will never be able to meet "all" their needs and if I didn't spend that bit of time for myself daily the outcome of my attitude would only get worse. 
So for the past two weeks. I have dedicated the boys first nap to me. I workout, I shower, do my makeup and actually get dressed, this is also the time when I blog. And you know what? It's working. I feel I little more like my old self. And am able to give the boys including my husband a better me. One  that is starting to like herself again and is showing pride in who she is. I feel more energetic and just down right happier. 
I even wore a dress with my favorite pair of tights. Check out Bear and I comparing shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment