Friday, March 16, 2012

Haircut army style


Husband and I have been talking about the fact that B was in need of a first real haircut for a while (up until now I usually just trim around his ears myself) Husband mentioned he could do it himself. I thought we both had the same idea in mind, clean up the sides, maybe trim the top and call it a day. 
 Husband called B into the bathroom after his routine hair and beard trim. I grabbed the camera so excited that my little guy was going to get a his first real trim. He seemed so excited to be like his papi.
 I was in shock when his first buzz was STRAIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE OF HIS HEAD!!!!! WHATTTTTT!!!!??? This is not exactly what we had talked about. I wanted to scream but Bear was so calm and happy that I couldn't ruin it for him. He was loving this time with his dad. 
After the panic wore off I recalled husband telling me that when he was younger he would get a buzz cut every spring and how he actually liked it. (talking to my MIL she was also not to thrilled by this :)) So what do you do when you see two boys you love smiling and content and sharing a memory? You put your mommy vanity aside and you cheer your son on for doing so great during his first "spring cleaning haircut" 
It will grow. That is the mantra. 

No comments:

Post a Comment