Wednesday, June 20, 2012

our first garden


pointing to a sunflower

Who's idea was it to plant here? Oh yeah, mine. Better get to work. 


Bear hard at work


I am no expert but I think the soil goes in the garden not on the grass. 

Fingers crossed these little things grow

Watering

Showing off those dirty, hardworking hands 
Recently my MIL has sent  both the boys and myself a few gardening books as well as a few tools for the boys. I have mentioned before  that I was wanting to start a garden but have been a little intimidated by the whole process. Well I finally decided to put some seeds in the dirt. B and I planted our first sunflowers. First we read his book "How a seed Grows" so he would get an idea of what we would be doing,  There is a a small flower bed on the side of our back house. I thought this was the perfect spot.... Then I realized I had to weed it first. HAHA! My arm got a workout that day. Once I dug out all the weeds and added some new soil we were in business. Although I think I lost B when he started transporting dirt from one side of the yard
to next. So I planted my seeds and we watered them.

I think that's all there is to it right? It seems easy enough but who knows if they will grow. I really hope they do! But either way we had a fun afternoon and I made a memory with my sweet Bear.

2 comments:

  1. Your little one is adorable. How wonderful. We love exploring the wonders of nature and spring together too!

    Thank you for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Using nature in a lesson plan is my favorite!

      Delete