Sunday, September 1, 2013

Wolf's Party Animal Party



  
^^^ polka dot party animal cake^^
^^ cake rockets made from rice crispy treats, m&m's and brownies ^^
                                      ^^^ party store score!!! pith caps for $3^^



^^^ blow out the candles^^







As I mentioned our little Wolf turned two last week. We had a small party with both sets of grandparents here for that day. He is totally into animals and we brain stormed on exactly the right theme for this party. I was inspired by Oh Happy Day's party animals.  They felt like the perfect fit and everything seemed to tie in after that. 

My favorite part would have to be the birthday cake which was lovingly baked my his Bubbie. The toy animals were also his present, some were found at Wal Mart for a dollar and the smaller ones we purchased at Toys R Us. We decorated half the animals with paper hats using scrapbook paper and the other half were put into the sand table for a safari adventure. The Eric Carle animals on the wall are from a teacher supply store and I added paper hats to them as well. They were a great way to tie in his favorite books. The piñata was spontaneous. I found it at the party store and loved the cute face. It turned out to be a hit (no pun intended) and it brought back so many fun birthday memories for me. My mom was a sucker for  themed parties even before the Pinterest days. 

The whole party turned our better than I planned and most importantly my little guy was surrounded by the people that love him most and had fun the whole day. Who can ask for much more than that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment