|time to move our things|
|this is how he "unpacked"|
|Day 2: Time for the real deal|
|perfect illustration of what moving looks like. Note the little girl playing|
I picked up the book Moving House (Usborne First Experiences) at a local book store as well as This book (although this one ended up being for school aged children, but still really good) . I have been reading it to the boys each day. I was also gifted a Mr. Rogers curriculum book by my MIL that talks about changes such as moving. The first activity I did was from this book although I added a few more things.
1. We talked about packing our things including our most loved items. Then I pulled out two small boxes and some toys and clothes. ( I did two types of items since I thought it was a good opportunity to have B sort)
2. He sorted and "packed" the items in he boxes.
3. Nothing like adding a little fine motor skill and having him seal the box with tap. (masking tape)
4. We put our items in the "moving truck" and moved to the new house.
5. We unpacked and later put items in the right spots
The next day I decided to apply this in full scale. I pulled out a few packing boxes in varies sizes and a lot more clothes. This time I just let them explore. They both enjoyed putting things in the boxes and pulling them out. B even told me he was "paaaack". And of course no kid can resist climbing in boxes, it's a childhood fact.
We will continue to read these books to keep them aware of our transition. I really hope we find the right place soon. Do any of you having any moving activities? I would love to hear them.