Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Fiber Train










 A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to photograph a local event called Fiber Train. It's a sustainable arts festival that mainly focuses on all things "fiber" from sheering sheep and alpacas, to how to spin and dye your own yarn. I was so excited to see so many people do something they love and most of them making this their full time career. It was truly inspiring. Not to mention there was a rainbow sheep for goodness sake. The boys enjoyed petting all the animals the most.

I am really starting to fall in love with this little town of our. There is just so much to do if you dig a little. It's the first place that feels like home since our first tiny studio apartment in Portland when we were newlyweds. It's taken many years for the stirring inside to finally settle and for the first time in a long time I feel like I have time to step back and really enjoy our life. It's a great feeling and I am going to enjoy this moment.

If you want to learn more about Fiber Train here's the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment