Wednesday, May 7, 2014

All good things






Lately I have had this urge. To capture, hold on to, and be grateful for all the tiny moments of the day. This is something that doesn't always come easy to me. I have been honest here about my ability to frazzle and unravel pretty easily. But after reading One Thousand Gifts , there has been this inner stirring. This overwhelming feeling at times that tells me to look past the, tantrums, lack of sleep, forth poop diaper change of the day and look at those tiny glimpses of joy throughout the day. Like when Wolf asks me for a bra when he really meant apron, how he makes separate limbs of his stuffed animals act as different people (one bear four limbs= four dinosaurs... duh). How Bear can totally stall nap because he knows I am a sucker for more hug and kiss requests, how he has an imaginary friend named Sir Robert. How he picks EVERY SINGLE dandellion he sees and brings them to me as gifts. How Baby Hawk has that silly one tooth grin and rocks back and forth when he gets really excited and looks like he is going to fall back any second. How he gets himself stuck under chairs at least 100x a day. 

Some of these things may actually bug me at the moment but looking back and reflecting on my day these are the things I come back to and smile. Don't get me wrong, I am still human and I can't always see the beauty of the moment but even those little snippets help me to reflect on just how blessed my life is. How overly abundantly loved I am by God and just how lucky I am to have this amazing family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment