Tuesday, August 13, 2013

one.month.old




I can't believe it's been a month already. I know that it feels especially fast because half of that time was spent in the hospital but my goodness I still can't believe I should still technically be pregnant.

I am enjoying  this babymoon where all I want to do is snuggle and kiss this little guy. Though the reality of having a newborn who wakes up all through the night and still having to be a functioning human being during the day is starting to sink in. It only took Wolf eighteen months to sleep through the night. HA! But honestly I am trying to take all this time in because it really is so fleeting.

He's gained two pounds since birth and for a preemie that is really amazing especially since we were fortunate enough to get the hang of the whole breastfeeding thing without having to supplement. GO US!!!!
He's a great sport with his older brothers who may not be the most gentle when they go for a kiss or a hug, but it is so sweet to see them "try" to be so gentle and loving.

In a few weeks my MIL will be gone and I am going to be doing this gig on my own when husband is at work. The overconfident side of me wants to say that I am totally ready for this, but secretly I am kind of in a panic. I would venture to say I am in for a challenge. A fun one non the less but intimidating just the same.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pics. Well done MIL - grandmas so rock, don't they? Alice @ Mums Make Lists x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes MIL are amazing. Especially ones that lets you sleep in and makes you coffee when you wake up.

      Delete